• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small local Airport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gringo2213

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico

I had a flight out of Roswell NM this morning. Due to unavoidable circumstances, I arrived at 9:30am for a 10:05am flight. I had a suitcase that required checking along with a carry on. Staff ask if I had any large liquids and I replied that I had nothing more than what I had arrived with which was placed in a small ziplock (quart) baggie. They delayed, spoke with one another and decided that they would not accept my luggage. After waiting for 15 minutes, I watched the luggage racks being transported to the plane. After those being transported, I watched the passengers walking out the plane to begin boarding. This flight was the ONLY flight to DFW that day and I did not want to miss it.

I am now on a standby flight for tomorrow.

Questions: Is there a way to pull statistical information regarding boarding and luggage times for this airport? I have arrived later and not had an issue.

I have a call into the director of the airport.

FlyingRon

Roswell is an armpit as far as baggage handling goes. I've been through there (closest airline service to Ruidoso). AA is way understaffed there and slow. Lost my bag coming in there and while that wasn't the ROS crews fault, it took the hand ful of us who were waiting for the missing bags over an hour for the staff to get done pushing out the flight returning to DFW.

To my knowledge there is no requirement (or is there any practice) for keeping track of such times. Neither will it do you any good. American says arrive 90 minutes prior to departure for all US domestic flights. You're generally screwed if you don't checkin at least 45 minutes before departure and are at the boarding point 20 minutes before departure (yeah I know you could run around the entire ROS airport in 20 minutes).

The director of the airport has no responsiblity for the airline personnel. You'd be better complaining to the airline, but frankly good luck with that.

There appears to be no LEGAL issue here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">