• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Turkish embassy does not service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freely

I live out of my home country. I need to get passport for my kid but the embassy doesn't accept application by me. They push me return to turkey for applying passport. I am not able to do any embassy works such as power of attorney, marriage certificate,etc.Any suggestions

Just Blue

I live out of my home country. I need to get passport for my kid but the embassy doesn't accept application by me. They push me return to turkey for applying passport. I am not able to do any embassy works such as power of attorney, marriage certificate,etc.Any suggestions
We only deal with United States Law. Yours is not a U.S. legal question...

You may wish to google up a Turkish law forum. Good luck...

xylene

Is your government trying to force you to return and you will face persecution or something terrible?

Perhaps you need to apply for asylum in the United States.

Whatever you do, you need a legal consult as to how to proceed.

freely

Is your government trying to force you to return and you will face persecution or something terrible?

Perhaps you need to apply for asylum in the United States.

Whatever you do, you need a legal consult as to how to proceed.
You may know about current situation in Turkey.here is a link https://turkeypurge.com/ to check.
How can apply to USA for asylum seeker? Most of the countries accept application in the country but i don't have change leave to other country without passport.

Eekamouse

You may know about current situation in Turkey.here is a link https://turkeypurge.com/ to check.
How can apply to USA for asylum seeker? Most of the countries accept application in the country but i don't have change leave to other country without passport.
Are you in the US legally? I don't see how OP applying for asylum is going to help them get their kid over here. I'm probably missing something very obvious so help a sister out here.

freely

Are you in the US legally? I don't see how OP applying for asylum is going to help them get their kid over here. I'm probably missing something very obvious so help a sister out here.
No, i am not in the USA. My point is that how can leave from my current country to Other countries(USA) to apply for immigration

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You will most likely need to go to the US Embassy or Consulate in the country which you currently are in.

xylene

Per the https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/questions-and-answers-asylum-eligibility-and-applications

"If you are granted asylum and your spouse and any unmarried children under 21 years old are outside the United States, you may file a Form I-730, Refugee and Asylee Relative Petition, for them to obtain derivative asylum status. For more information about benefits for your dependents, see the “Family of Refugees & Asylees” link to the right. :"

The op is a bit unclear in the situation, which is probably for the best. I stand by my advice that they need legal counsel from their own attorney.

freely

Per the https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/questions-and-answers-asylum-eligibility-and-applications

"If you are granted asylum and your spouse and any unmarried children under 21 years old are outside the United States, you may file a Form I-730, Refugee and Asylee Relative Petition, for them to obtain derivative asylum status. For more information about benefits for your dependents, see the “Family of Refugees & Asylees” link to the right. :"

The op is a bit unclear in the situation, which is probably for the best. I stand by my advice that they need legal counsel from their own attorney.
I'm not granted asylum. I live in Laos and i have stay(work) permit until March 2018. I must leave.I think I have one chance that which is seek asylum before the expiration date. So I am not able to go any other country for seeking asylum with my family because of passport issue of my kid. I am not able seeking asylum in Laos. I am stuck. What can i do else?

Note: if it's in wrong category.Topic can be moved to under immigration.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">