• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who Pays? Item thrown out.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Paul Mac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA. My parents live in an assisted living home. Recently, my dad has a bridge that had a tooth fall out of it. He put the tooth in a clear plastic bag and set it on the table next to his chair. The employee of the assisted living residence, came in to empty the trash and also threw out the bag with the tooth. My parents have no dental insurance and will cost around $1200. to replace the missing tooth in the bridge. Should the assisted living residences insurance cover this? Would they have insurance to cover this kind of lose?
Thanks for the response.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And your father did not put the plastic bag with the tooth away in a safe place such as a drawer or his wallet because...?

Paul Mac

Thank you for the responses. No, he didn't put it away because normally the workers come in to collect the garbage from the cans.
Lesson learned.
Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">