• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Email Disclaimers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LindaR

This might be a stupid question, but I just thought I would check anyway. If someone sends a personal email with the following disclaimer "This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, immediately destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies. You are prohibited from retaining, distributing, or disclosing any information contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Thank you for your cooperation", could the recipient be sued for copying, or disclosing or distributing that email? I'm assuming the sender sent the email from his/her place of business, and the disclaimer is automatically appended to all outgoing emails. But the email was definitely a personal message, and a nasty one at that. I live in the State of Florida.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">