• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defective product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debi1967

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania over a year ago we purchased a double wide trailer on a basement foundation on land that we own. this has been a nightmare ever since it we started this project to have a house that we always wanted. several things have gone wrong we are still waiting for them to come and finish the yard we have mounds of dirt filled with what ever you can imagine in it this was not like that before they started.they damaged a patio that was already in are yard also to both side of are neighbors yards. i video tape some of the work the did when they were frist getting started i say this alot because in my opinion they are not finished yet. they took away truck fulls of dark rich soil and brought back junk and put in the yard. that is just on of the many things that has gone wrong. the furance has broke not once but three times once when it was cold out and they told me to make sure we use extra blankets. recently i called three times so far in the past two weeks and still havent heard from them. there is more work that needs done in the inside also doors are not shuting right, carpet fraying they told me to buy those strips to cove up the fray im not willing to put any more money into this when this was suppose to be an already done house especially in the inside and when things seem to go wrong its not there fault it is us. all the major appliances came with the house also the dishwasher makes very loud noise the ice machine in the fridgerator dont work right. they also hired a contractor to come and do the steps that had to be put inside to enter the basement the man started but never finished and we were waiting are occuppancy permit to be approved he never showed up and they came out and did a hurry up job. we also paid the man 400.00 out of are pocket. i can go on and on about this matter but we often get discussed with the whole thing please help. thank you

HomeGuru

debi1967 said:
What is the name of your state? pennsylvania over a year ago we purchased a double wide trailer on a basement foundation on land that we own. this has been a nightmare ever since it we started this project to have a house that we always wanted. several things have gone wrong we are still waiting for them to come and finish the yard we have mounds of dirt filled with what ever you can imagine in it this was not like that before they started.they damaged a patio that was already in are yard also to both side of are neighbors yards. i video tape some of the work the did when they were frist getting started i say this alot because in my opinion they are not finished yet. they took away truck fulls of dark rich soil and brought back junk and put in the yard. that is just on of the many things that has gone wrong. the furance has broke not once but three times once when it was cold out and they told me to make sure we use extra blankets. recently i called three times so far in the past two weeks and still havent heard from them. there is more work that needs done in the inside also doors are not shuting right, carpet fraying they told me to buy those strips to cove up the fray im not willing to put any more money into this when this was suppose to be an already done house especially in the inside and when things seem to go wrong its not there fault it is us. all the major appliances came with the house also the dishwasher makes very loud noise the ice machine in the fridgerator dont work right. they also hired a contractor to come and do the steps that had to be put inside to enter the basement the man started but never finished and we were waiting are occuppancy permit to be approved he never showed up and they came out and did a hurry up job. we also paid the man 400.00 out of are pocket. i can go on and on about this matter but we often get discussed with the whole thing please help. thank you
**A: you need to contact a construction defect litigation attorney in PA.

JETX

In addition to HG's correct post, I note one other thing in your post. And surprisingly, it is appears most often in these posts that detail long and complicated stories.

The one common element to all these posts is..... the writer fails or refuses to do a very simple thing... to FORMALIZE the complaints in writing. It is absolutely amazing to me how common it is for people to try to handle these complicated situations by trying to use the most lazy way possible... by limiting their actions to phoning the other party!! If this is such a major problem as you have described, why have you NOT taken the time and energy to WRITE the other party and demand a resolution??? A phone call can be ignored, or denied. A letter, with proof of delivery, cannot.

Quit being so lazy and start writing LETTERS. You will need to DOCUMENT your problems.... and only DOCUMENTATION will get anyone to respond.
So, how many complaint and demand LETTERS have you written??

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">