• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

341 meeting..Do you HAVE to attend??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inovermyhead

What is the name of your state?Florida
My meeting is 4/6/05. I am on strict, since last week from moderate, bedrest for a complicated pregnancy. I am on medical leave from work and getting disablity payments. I have documented restricitions from my perinatologist stating that travel, walking and being upright are not allowed. Since the 341 meeting has been scheduled, I have been put on contraction medications and now have complete placenta previa..oh yeah and a stitch in my cervix to keep it shut and am leaking amniotic fluid (to top it off!!)..sorry for the all the info, I just wanted you all to know that this is serious and they are trying to keep him in for a little longer. I have contacted my attorney and am waiting for his response to this..I was just curious if anyone has been through this or knows someone who has and what the options or outcome was..thank you

Ladynred

There is ONE possibility that I've recently heard of. You can ask the court if you can appear for your 341 meeting via INTERROGATORIES. That means you are given a list of questions that you will have to answer, under oath (you basically swear that what you answer is the truth under penalty of law). Your lawyer will have to file this Motion ASAP. If you have statements from your DR(s), your lawyer will need that documentation.

anabanana

If you're in the Middle District, they'll resched your 341 for that. They're so freakin' slammed, they'll probably be delighted to, but your attorney is going to have to get on the ball immediately. DO NOT just assume that your attorney is handling this and trust him to where you don't follow up. Until he's specifically told you that you're off the hook, keep calling him, and if you haven't heard back by Tuesday morning, get on the phone to the trustee's office and ask what you can do, and explain that your lawyer isn't being responsive. You could be totally screwed if he washes out and you're not prepared to take care of it yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">