• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To Amend or not to Amend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gettingit!

What is the name of your state? VA
good forum! got alot of info, but now need some please. i was originially going to reaffirm car, but after reading posts here, no way! i already turned in my chapter 7 paperwork, and on the intention schedule, i listed that i intended to reaffirm (didnt know that it was that bad until i read posts here, have not signed the agreement yet!).
*do i need to amend my statement of intentions now?
*do i need to amend any schedules that when they repo car i will not be responsible for the rest of the loan (already have it listed on schedule D)
*once they take car back, i need another one, can i get a loan before my discharge if i can find one?
any help would be fantastic!

racer72

And exactly where did you read reaffirming a debt was bad? Keeping current on a debt and making your monthly payments on time will only help you rebuild your credit history, not hurt it. Finding financing for another vehicle will be very difficult with the repo on your credit report unless you don't mind interest rates in the 30 percent range. You will not find any financing till after your discharge. Unless you are upside down on your loan and the car is a real POS, you would be much better off keeping your current car.

G

Gettingit!

From reading and investigating the reaffirmation piece, where I am upsdie down $8500 on the car. Found that there are two places that will give loans while going through Chapter 7. Basically giving a hypothetical situation so I can plan. Thank you for the advice, but does anyone know the answers to the questions above?
Thank you for your time!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">