• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bankruptcy Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joseph1469

I am new to this forum so hopefully someone can help. I filed for chapter 13 in 2015 and was making the payments on time for a little over 2 years. I was unable to work for 4 months due to an illness and long story short my case ended up getting dismissed. Since the dismissal I sold both of my vehicles and paid off both car loans. I now drive a junker with no payment and don't own a house so all I have left is 4 personal loans and 2 credit cards totaling 75k all unsecured debt. It's been over 6 months since the dismissal and none of the creditors have contacted me not a phone call or letter...nothing at all.I looked at all 3 credit reports and they are all different.

Equifax- All accounts listed as closed and bankruptcy discharged. (Didn't get a discharge).

Experian-all accounts listed as paid in full with zero balances.

Trans Union- 1 of the personal loans and 1 credit card showing balances and "charged off as bad debt-dismissed" in the remarks. everything else listed as paid and closed.

Should I file a new bankruptcy at this point or wait ?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">