• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy - Car Payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? LA

Hello, I filed Chapter 7 last March 2017, and it was discharged in August 2017. I was able to keep both cars and resumed my payments as normal. The bank had their attorney contact me to reaffirm one of the cars. I filed Pro Se and was not given much choice to reaffirm payments. I have never defaulted on any car payments and was current through the entire bankruptcy process, and I am current to date. I pulled up my credit report and both cars are reported as Derogatory/Closed and included in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy with no payment history available. It is my understanding that the payments made AFTER the discharge are to be reported. Am I wrong? Please advise. Thank you.

justalayman

Ron (and or freya if you’re around)

If a person reaffirms an open account, is it a proper reporting that it be listed as closed. I can see if it is considered closed due to the Bk and the reaffirmation is a new acount

But if it is a reaffirmation of the actual account, wouldn’t it still be considered the same account and therefore not listed as closed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">