• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage Lender Motion to Extend Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sam3

I filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy in North Carolina. Today is the last day for objections by creditors. My mortgage is through EMC. They have an attorney who has been trying to get in touch with them to see if we can work out something on my mortgage so I can keep the house. Since EMC has not been in contact with their attorney, and they have already filed two extensions, I'm wondering if I should object to the motion they filed to extend the time for creditors to filed objections unti November 14, 2008. I also learned about the Federal Trade Commissions charges against EMC and learning that they entered into an agreement on September 8, 2008, and I am one of the consumers affected by their deceptive practices. I understand that my right in the Chapter 7 are assigned and I would not personally benefit under this action. I just don't know what is the best action to take to protect my self. I filed an objection to EMC's original motion wherein they tell me how far behind I am with the defense they need to produce the original noteholder as they are a servicing corporation. This has been going on for months and I just want my discharge and move on. If I object and am not current in my payments, they can foreclose, if I extend the time their is no guarentee they will be able to work out a payment I can afford. What should I do???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">