• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to File to Extend Deadline......HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laceykohlman

What is the name of your state? KANSAS

I need help and fast, I am almost out of time to file for extension.

My husband and I filed Pro Se and I mailed in ammended schedules and added creditors. I got a paper today from the court " NOTICE OF AMENDED SCHEDULE COMBINED WITH ORDER DIRECTING SERVICE" I don't even know what this means.

I am going to apologize for this being long, but I am going to type what it says and maybe someone can tell me what this thing needs to say.

It is hereby orders that notice be given by, names, pro se, by mailing a copy of this notice of Amended Schedules, together with the Amended Schedules and the 341 Notice, to the Trustee, newly added creditor(s) and any other affected party, with such mailing to be accomplished and a Certificate of Service filed with the Clerk within 15 days from the date hereof.

It is further ordered that debtor's attorney shall prepare and file a Motion to Extend the Deadline to file Complaint Objecting to Discharge, accompanied by a notice of Objection Deadline, attach a copy of the 341 Notice after highlighting the claims bar date thereon in all Chapter 7 Asset Cases, and serve same upon all newly added creditors and the Trustee within 15 days. Debtor's attorney shall further prepare and submmit the proposed Order Extending Deadline with said Motion when filed. Upon approval of said Order, the Clerk shall serve same upon all newly added creditors.

I understand the first Paragraph, but do not get the second one at all. What is the Motion supposed to looklike and say? And do I send it to the creditors, the Trustee and the court? We have a Chapter 7 No Assest Case. I am so lost.........
Please HELP

Thank You
Lacey Kohlman::confused:

Ladynred

This may help. The link opens a PDF file that explains the motion for extending the deadline and a sample form to submit.

www.bankruptcybar.org/download/341rescheduleproc.pdf

It references Maryland, but the format is what you need and that's fairly standard. Some of the information you should have from your other court paperwork.

Like most things legal, what you got is a pretty standard form letter.

Hope this helps :)

L

laceykohlman

Thanks.....that did help alot. Now the only thing I need help with is the Notice of Objection Deadline.......

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">