• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plaintiff's Counsel Did Not Show Up at Status Conference

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BillBax

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am the defendant In Pro Se in a C7 BK adversary proceeding in CA. The Plaintiff's counsel requested and scheduled a Pre-Trial Status Conference at the Court. It was scheduled over 30 days in advance.

I was present for the conference and the Plaintiff's counsel did not show up. To say the least, the Judge was angry that the very person that scheduled the conference was not there.

The Judge issued an OSC and set a time for the next hearing as well as setting discovery cutoff and ordering the plaintiff to send initial disclosures.

Can I now file a motion to dismiss the entire complaint? In my motion, can I present additional evidence I have to prove they could not have a preponderance of proof they are correct in their claims?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">