• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Robocalling and misrepresenting consumer rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Krogers

A collection agency has been robocalling, and when I answered the calls it would end a few seconds later. I called today and asked when they got my permission for them to robocall. They said that that they do that until first contact or they are told not to. I repeated my question and she said that they hadn’t spoke to me until today so I hadn’t given permission, that it’s legal for them to until I say not to. Not only did they illegally robocall me but they also lied about my consumer rights. I personally do not have recordings of the conversations but I do have my phone records and the phone call between me and them was recorded by the collection agency. Do I have enough to prove their harassment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">