• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sad/strange debt case and a few ?'s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krazykris

great site,very imformative!!
first let me say the following case really is about a closefriend(that im very concerned about),and not me...lol...i have filed bk myself yrs ago.this gal quit her job a couple yrs ago for reasons that i never fully understood,anyway at the time she and her husband had very good credit,but way too many credit cards.i understand that they did go through some hard times with family matters,and credit cards were used to pay alot of those related bills.but as time went on"sally"(my friend)continued to use all these cards,for everything including cash advances.i think she was even buying all the groceries with credit,as well as all her car payments and even paying monthly credit card payments with other cards....you know those convenience checks they send out plus depositing money into her bank acct from credit cards with the cash advance part of the credit line.does that sound crazy or what?well anyway,i guess the time finally came when the credit ran out.as for the husband,he works but he also has a drinking problem and has either closed a blind eye to the situation or just didnt care whats been going on the past few yrs.so,the bullets began to fire at them from every direction with all those creditors wanting their money.her husband claimed he didnt know about all this debt.the real sad part is sally attemped suicide 2 weeks ago,thank god she survived and has been hospitalized since,but will be coming home soon.

my ? is...has anyone ever heard of such a strange case? she confided to me once that their debt was in excess of $100,000
what is going to happen to her,what can she do when she gets back to begin to fix all this? im afraid for her,since shes had no job for 3 or so yrs,i dont see how a bk could even be considered,or am i wrong? i know she will have to get a job,but she doesnt have the skills to warrant a good enough paying one to even make a small dent in the debt. any advice i could pass on to her would be greatly appreciated,i am truly scared for her.thank you in advance for any help!! by the way we live in indiana

Last edited:

bigun

Why couldn't a bk be considered? I know of an instance where a Chapter 7 was granted on $125K in CC debt, an automobile lease and, some back taxes. All bk's involve numbers. Your friend just has some bigger numbers than usual.

K

krazykris

thanx bigun for the reply.i just figured that since she had continued to run up the credit cards and max them all out,all the time with no job,that the court would throw it out.i have heard of that happening with with other credit card cases where the debt was alot lower,so i thought she might be up the creek with hers.i guess it is worth a try,i will pass it on to her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">