• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought a certified pre-owned vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shloho

Spoke to them again today. It seems like they're trying to do the right thing. They're not taking beech l back the car though. They're treating it as a trade-in. I have no idea what value the car can bring in since they know about the problems this car has... I'm meeting with them tomorrow to see what they're offering.

xylene

Spoke to them again today. It seems like they're trying to do the right thing. They're not taking beech l back the car though. They're treating it as a trade-in. I have no idea what value the car can bring in since they know about the problems this car has... I'm meeting with them tomorrow to see what they're offering.

This is the shadiest dealer ever. The make a huge up sell out of a bunk certified...

Buy cars from private sellers folks.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I bought a certified pre-owned Subaru. It has been in the shop, for the second time, for the same issue. In speaking with SOA, they informed me that the car had been in an accident that was only reported on Carfax 5 months after I bought the car. They told me they would likely not have certified the car had they known about the accident, as they base their decision to certify a car, on Carfax. At this time, they're offering me a new car with a 1500 coupon. I need to know if I have a case and if it's worth pursuing. Thank you
Do you have a case?...A slim one at best,
I'd take the the money and run...:D Good luck
..____________________
~ Experance is what you get,
when you don't get what you wanted.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What money? How do you cash a coupon for a paltry discount on a new car?
I'd like to know if the OP really meant a "new" car, or if the OP really means a "replacement" car (used or new).

I've known plenty of people who say they got a new car, only to find out that they meant a new-to-them car.

Shloho

I went in this morning to get an idea of the actual offer. Because they know that the car will likely need repairs to be able to sell it to another sucker, they would only offer me half off of book price for it. Since I owe more than the the book price on that car, half the book price essentially priced me out of any car that they offer. They suggested I go through Carfax and see if they'll take it back on their buyback guarantee. To recap: I bought a cpo vehicle that, due to an unreported accident, Subaru of America removed the cpo tag. So I paid a lot extra for a car that is no longer cpo. Do I have a case against Subaru?
Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I went in this morning to get an idea of the actual offer. Because they know that the car will likely need repairs to be able to sell it to another sucker, they would only offer me half off of book price for it. Since I owe more than the the book price on that car, half the book price essentially priced me out of any car that they offer. They suggested I go through Carfax and see if they'll take it back on their buyback guarantee. To recap: I bought a cpo vehicle that, due to an unreported accident, Subaru of America removed the cpo tag. So I paid a lot extra for a car that is no longer cpo. Do I have a case against Subaru?
Thanks
To be clear, you didn't buy a car from Subaru of America.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">