• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of cataract -eBay seller-

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terry84

What is the name of your state? NY

Hi

I sold an item on eBay and I stated on the page the shipping price for the item as 10.00 for UPS ground, and added a note that if your address is a PO Box than you need to contact us before buying for a shipping price.

A customer with a PO Box address bought the item and paid the UPS shipping price with out contacting be before for a price.

So I issued the customer a full refund and advised him that he can re-sent his payment with a physical address or pay more for shipping

Now he threatening to sue me for breach of contract since I issued him a refund and did not ship his order.!

And he claims he his a lawyer and even he did not comply with the auction (to contact us before buying for a price) he will win in court.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You already asked this question in another area - please don't double-post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">