• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car dealership changing monthly payment amount, wants car back after contract signed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

foggy notion

WA. Bought a brand new car on Sunday. Spent all day at dealership and finally agreed on monthly payments and then signed contract and bill of sale. Took car home but now they called me and want the car back 3 days later stating that I didn't e my check stubs. I did, I sent photos of the stubs to manager and he emailed them to salesman. Salesman didn't check email then. They call back saying they sent to bank and now they want to increase my monthly payments. However the check stubs were exactly what I said they would be prior to signing the contract, is this right? We had agreed on an amount before signing contract and my stubs were identical to what I said they were. What should I do?

Last edited:

quincy

WA. Bought a new car on Sunday. Spent all day at dealership and finally agreed on monthly payments and then signed contract and bill of sale. Took car home but now they called me and want the car back 3 days later stating that I didn't e my check stubs. I did, I sent photos of the stubs to manager and he emailed them to salesman. Salesman didn't check email then. They call back saying they sent to bank and now they want to increase my monthly payments. However the check stubs were exactly what I said they would be prior to signing the contract, is this right? We had agreed on an amount before signing contract and my stubs were identical to what I said they were. What should I do?
I suggest you reread your contract and the terms of financing the vehicle. If the contract says what you think it says (and does not have any contingency clause on financing), you can insist that the dealership adhere to the terms of the signed agreement.

LdiJ

I suggest you reread your contract and the terms of financing the vehicle. If the contract says what you think it says (and does not have any contingency clause on financing), you can insist that the dealership adhere to the terms of the signed agreement.
Or, you could insist that the dealer unwind the entire sale and return anything you put down.

xylene

Personally I would return the car and get all money back.

If your credit is marginal to where you are needing to show pay stubs and it will make a difference in financing, maybe you should take this as an opportunity to scale back your purchase and buy used.

This last minute price change should tell you that they might have been ripping you off overall.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">