• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Facebook giveaway that has never been received

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Acolvin

I have filed a complaint with the Oklahoma AG. The Ohio website is currently down. I've also learned that Amazon.com has recently suspended his business from selling on their site due to customers not receiving orders.

quincy

I have filed a complaint with the Oklahoma AG. The Ohio website is currently down. I've also learned that Amazon.com has recently suspended his business from selling on their site due to customers not receiving orders.
Although it seems less likely now that you will ever receive the gift card, let us know what happens on February 8 and with the AG complaint.

With enough complaints, Oklahoma's Attorney General is likely to take action against the business once the State's investigation is completed. It is good that Amazon is not allowing the business to operate on their site.

Thanks for the update. Good luck.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Although it seems less likely now that you will ever receive the gift card, let us know what happens on February 8 and with the AG complaint.

With enough complaints, Oklahoma's Attorney General is likely to take action against the business once the State's investigation is completed. It is good that Amazon is not allowing the business to operate on their site.

Thanks for the update. Good luck.
Oklahoma? :confused:

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I entered a contest on Facebook that was a random draw giveaway. To be entered into the contest you had to add other people to the business' Facebook page. Every so many people added got you X amount of entries. I won the grand prize which was a visa gift card. There were other prize winners that won a store credit. Those people received their store credit and the items they purchased with the credit. I have never received the prize. I have been in contact with the person that owns the company that ran the contest. I keep getting the same answers of "you should be getting it any day " and "Let check to make sure it was sent". The person running the contest is out of Oklahoma. The contest winners were announced a month and a half ago. Do I have any course of action other than posting this on there social media?
The contest is run by a person in Oklahoma. I assume the business owner is located in Oklahoma.

Acolvin lives in Ohio.

And, yes, the first mention of Amazon was in the latest post only. The contest was on Facebook - but the business apparently sold goods on Amazon. ?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">