• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I bought a truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wjgarner

Florida
I bought a new truck Friday. At first they said I'd need to pay $500 down and sign a $500 promissory note. We worked on the deal back and forth all day and I went and got a check for the amount of the loan $36000. Today the dealership called me about the $1000 down payment. I looked and the purchase order says $1000 down payment. No one asked me for any money or card or anything. I didn't know they still wanted $1000. I have the keys and have been driving it all weekend. All the registration is converted over. What should I do?

wjgarner

There wasn't an agreement to pay the money. They told me they'd need that to take my trade. The bank told them they would not loan what they were asking and the dealer changed the deal. The final deal said nothing about money down.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There wasn't an agreement to pay the money. They told me they'd need that to take my trade. The bank told them they would not loan what they were asking and the dealer changed the deal. The final deal said nothing about money down.
You've already told us that the final deal says your are supposed to pay the $1,000
I looked and the purchase order says $1000 down payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">