• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LG tv repair major fail under warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tenshi_R

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

bought a 65 inch smart tv from local store 4k tv pretty expensive for us 1700 bucks
wifi drops after 20 minutes consistently

purchased within a year so theres still warranty on it from LG

call#1 I got a phone number to call a repair shop and schedule a repair
repair shop said they are in Oregon( I'm in seattle WA) its out of their service area they cant do it

call#2 they gave me another local repair shop number
I call them and they say that they will not take orders for LG repair because LG haven't paid them for past repairs for about 6 months

call#3 I bitch them out and they say they will escalate this to some scheduling department blah blah and call within 3 days( that was on Tuesday)

call#4 I explain what happened again and the rep puts me on hold and then tries to blow me off by saying that he will escalate this to "scheduling department" again...
I bitch him out and he says he will escalate it to repair manager or something like that. and I will receive a call within 24 hours. ( that was yesterday morning) more than 24 hours passed again

they are giving me a runaround because they don't have any repair centers here to do the job.

I don't really know what I can do about it.

any advice on how to deal with this?

adjusterjack

Sorry, I can't help you with any advice on how to handle LG, other than maybe look up their corporate executives and rattle some executive's chain.

http://www.lg.com/us/press-media/media-contacts

Looks like you aren't the only LG victim

Anyway, my reason for posting is this.

Did you buy the TV with a credit card?

If you did, does the credit card provide an extended warranty for purchases made with the card? Most do and it's for an additional year. Check your card's benefits.

How close are you to the expiration of the factory warranty?

If it isn't too far away and you have the credit card extended warranty you could choose to wait until after the factory warranty expires and make the warranty claim on the credit card, reporting that the malfunction occurred after the factory warranty expired.

The credit card warranty plan allows you to use a repair facility of your choice, get an estimate for the repair cost for approval, and reimburses you once you get the repairs done and submit the receipt.

Last year I got a TV taken care of, this year a cable modem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">