• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability if someone I hire out something to injures a person with it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollyp123

Hi,

I am looking to rent out a drone through Fat Lama and was wondering what the law was in the UK if it fell out of the sky and hit someone - would I be liable or would it be covered on the renters household's insurance?

Also, is there anything else that I need to be aware of with renting out drones and potentially loosing many times more than the cost of the drone.

I don't mind about losing the drone itself - it is insured anyway, but I am extremely concerned about having to pay millions if someone is injured due to my potential neglect of the drone's maintenence.

Drone use is generally covered by homeowner's insurance when it is not used commerically - but as I am renting it out commerically to people who won't be using it commercially I was wondering if it would make a difference?

Thanks

Olly

I am in the UK by the way

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is a US website. The laws of the US and the UK are not the same. I don't think anyone here knows UK law.

Please do not come back and ask what would be the case if it were the US. It isn't, and it would be a waste of everyone's time for someone to look up US law that does apply. Not to mention the fact that laws in the US vary by state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">