• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my contract binding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jamiegm08

I purchased a car last month from a Nissan dealership. I was told the car was a Vera S.Plus that is what was listed on the buyers guide as well. The next day my girlfriend was reading the paperwork and there is 4 different trim levels listed. Each contract has a different trim listed on my loan, agreement to insure car, gap insurance and the tag & registration paper that was sent to my state. I called Nissan Consumer Affairs to see if they could tell me what kind of car I bought by my vin number. The information they gave me is a trim thats not even listed on any of the paperwork. The car trim I have is less expensive then the trim listed on the registration sent to Georgia Department of Revenue. I went back to talk to the salesman and he told me that I have the right model the only thing that makes the car trim a plus model is that it " has manual locks & windows" which I said heck thats not a plus. He told me to wait & he would show me the other cars that is the same. I seen 2 other cars that had Versa plus on the buyers guide with manual locks & windows but after researching online I found that what makes the trim A+ is automatic doors and windows and a spoiler which I have neither. I just got my tag in the mail and it clearly states on my registration I have a Nissan Versa S Plus. After another call to Consumer Affairs they connected me to someone at the dealership and she told me that her paperwork has the same trim level listed but how is that possible when mine doesn't she told me she would have to get the general manager to call me because it was beyond her at this point. It has been over 24 hours since I spoke to her and the general manager has not called me even after leaving a message. So Im wanting to know if my contract is binding? Thanks

PayrollHRGuy

It probably is. It is likely going to come down to the fact that your contracted to purchase the car with VIN XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. And that is what you got.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A car at any trim level can have options modified (added or deleted). You bought what you bought.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">