• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New home Carrier heat pump system does not meet published specifications.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pac72

perhaps theres a low ambient kit that can be fitted to the condenser? you may have to find a real service tech to find a work around for your need that carrier didn't address... suprized the infinity wont do it, installed properly its a fantastic system

rblant

I've just re-read this thread. Frankly, aside from continuing to push this matter up the ladder at Carrier, your best bet might be just what LdiJ suggested. A portable air conditioner for the affected room for the four months of the year that you need it. It's going to cost you thousands (if not tens-of-thousands) of dollars to pursue this in court, in addition to the cost of the new system that you will have to shoulder, versus $500-$1,000 and a couple dozen nights a year of using the portable unit.
I totally agree and I thought I said if the lawyer gets involved we all lose. I'm in a tough spot for sure so guess I will ultimately get screwed. Just not fair ... I'm a pro and can guarantee you that they should not be allowed to get away with this- just plain misrepresentation. Let's hope it doesn't happen to others.

Thanks folke for the input - I think I got it now.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ok, then a more expensive portable...they work great.
No, what I meant (and it's moot now) is that moving a portable around may not be feasible, depending on the severity of his wife's condition.

pac72

I see the issue that you are wanting indoor temps that are more high temp refrigeration vs comfort cooling temperatures. and operation during lower than normal ambient temperatures for traditional ac units

chances are you need a special system be it high temp refrigeration or ac with necessary controls for low ambient and low (for ac) setpoint temperatures...

id seriously consider contacting a refrigeration company and see about having a system built for that room. refrigeration condensing units come in a wide array of btu choices, then look into epr valves , should be no major deal for a GOOD refrigeration mechanic..

I honestly think you were placing too much on the infinity system for that room... your desired room temp and outdoor ambient you want it to operate in, just think its outside the infinitys designed range

did you ASK THE CARRIER dealer if the infinity would work for your cold room?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">