• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund on my Travel booked through a Travel Business Owner?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MRussell1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I booked a $2400 12-day flight/hotel trip to Greece through the owner of a travel group.I immediately asked for the single supplement (additional fee you'll pay for your own hotel room). She gave me the price. Upon payment, I was sure to break down the costs including the single supplement amount on my check receipt and also in emails to her. Well, she just called me to say that there are no single rooms available for this trip. I explained that I'll have to cancel the trip. I would never book a trip without a single supplement. I snore extremely loudly, it can't be controlled by nose strips and it's not a "cute little snore" like she made it out to be. It's a medical condition that runs in my family and has actually lost me relationships. I explained that I'd rather not go instead of ruining someone else's experience since they won't be able to sleep. The owner brushed it off and says it's not her problem. She also said she's paid for the rooms already, and so I'll lose half of my money.

Is this my fault? Is there a way I can get my money back? I would never travel unless I'm sleeping alone. Again, I know that "I snore" seems like a small deal, but it really is humiliating and I'm already losing sleep thinking about it.

PS: I'm not finding any "no refund" language on her website or brochures.

adjusterjack

PS: I'm not finding any "no refund" language on her website or brochures.
A lot of people make that mistake. To their detriment.

In the absence of a stated refund policy there are no refunds.

Here's the next issue. When you paid for the "single supplement" were you given anything in writing saying there WAS a "single supplement"?

If not, that you put it on your check without confirming before paying, doesn't make it so.

As to whether you have any remedy for a full refund you'll have to take all of your documentation to an attorney since we can't review it all here.

Or, just take the trip and if your snoring bothers your roommates, well, it's their problem, not yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">