• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrenty over auto work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hwatson400

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Agreed over text for someone to remove and replace my transmission. Picked this individual because they had a one year parts and labor warranty. They did the work and the car would not move. Had to get a tow ($115) to a local shop. They found it to be caused by a missing filter. The tag that was attached to the certified used transmission stated to ensue to drop the pan and replace filter. He did not. This caused $330 in parts a labor from the shop to fix. He refuses to make good on his warranty for his negligence. What steps should I take?Thank you for your time and help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Agreed over text for someone to remove and replace my transmission. Picked this individual because they had a one year parts and labor warranty. They did the work and the car would not move. Had to get a tow ($115) to a local shop. They found it to be caused by a missing filter. The tag that was attached to the certified used transmission stated to ensue to drop the pan and replace filter. He did not. This caused $330 in parts a labor from the shop to fix. He refuses to make good on his warranty for his negligence. What steps should I take?Thank you for your time and help.
Why didn't you afford the original shop a chance to correct the problem?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">