• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the best way to sue Bank of America?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
That's mere speculation that ought to be proven for it to be valid. I don't give a damn who they are and how much they are paying you or anybody to try to deter any action against them. I don't care what's common or uncommon but I care for what happened and anything that happened override anything thought of as common or uncommon.
You really had me going for a minute, I thought you were serious that you think I'm somehow a shill for BoA and they're paying me for pointing out the painfully obvious to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

LdiJ

So the first thing you do is check to see if your debit card is still in your wallet? What odd timing to discover your debit card is missing.

But since that is your claim: you might want to question anybody that was in your house that night.

Not understanding the statement about the temporary card and discovering something due to it. Can you explain that?

And how long ago did this happen? The bank will generslly investigate (which could take some time) but during that time they won’t generslly return the funds to your account, even if they eventually do.
I do not believe that the OP has given us even a slightly clear picture of just what happened. If he is just as unclear with the bank that might be part of his problem.

justalayman

I do not believe that the OP has given us even a slightly clear picture of just what happened. If he is just as unclear with the bank that might be part of his problem.
Ya, that’s kind of the impression I got as well. He needs to understand than even in a claim of fraudulent debit card use there are legally mandated time limits that allow a bank some time to investigate such matters before they conclude the matter.

PayrollHRGuy

The bank authorized fraudulent transactions, I rest my case. It is not my fault they authorized fraudulent transactions, that's theft.
And how exactly do you think the bank was supposed to know they were fraudulent transactions?

Also, if you bothered to read my thread I told you the limits that you could be charged under various conditions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">