• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joeace

What is the name of your state? :eek: California
If the Attorney has admitted that he is guilty of Malpractice and it is proven that you could have won a stumble/slip/trip & fall injury suit and he claims to be barely meeting his payroll requirements.
Damages using common formulas would have been in the area of 75k to 100,000.00 , he is not insured for Malpractice and has a history of suits against him is there much of a chance of being awarded anything and how do I find out which attorneys hacve already won suits against him?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

joeace said:
What is the name of your state? :eek: California
If the Attorney has admitted that he is guilty of Malpractice and it is proven that you could have won a stumble/slip/trip & fall injury suit and he claims to be barely meeting his payroll requirements.
Damages using common formulas would have been in the area of 75k to 100,000.00 , he is not insured for Malpractice and has a history of suits against him is there much of a chance of being awarded anything and how do I find out which attorneys hacve already won suits against him?

My response:

How do you know you'd even win your slip/trip/fall accident? All because you may have sustained damages, doesn't mean that the property owner is at fault. These types of cases are notoriously difficult, if not impossible, to win - - due to reasons not cogent to your post.

But, if you want to sue your attorney for malpractice, you need to also prove your underlying case; i.e., your slip, trip and fall claim. If you can't prove negligence in that, then you can't win your malpractice lawsuit against the attorney.

IAAL

G

gotocourt

You will also need to prove that any judgment that you obtained in the underlying action would have been collectible. I can thing of various scenarios in which even a person who owns real property would be for all practical purposes judgment proof.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">