• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defective product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emmagloria

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana. I have a question. My son was in a car accident 10/29/2009 as he fall asleep driving on his way back from school impacting another vehicle parked on side of road. The airbags didn't deployed, my son was rushed to the hospital with some traumas and had oral surgery to reconstruct his tongue and also to suture a cut on his chin. Had a major concussion and bruces all over his body. The impact on the stearing wheel and also on the windshield caused to have a swelling on all over his head including his face. After this a severe depression dropping his grades and changes in his mood almost causing to be held back in his senior year after being a student that was always in the honor roll. So after that a submitted an informal complaint directly to the Ford Motor Company, in which; I was denied claiming that I have to locate the vehicle to prove that the airbags were in fact defective. I appealed the case, unfortunately because I was unable to provide them with that information I could not have a favorable response. So, I would like to know if there is a chance to file a formal complaint against Ford Motor Company as they refused to re-review the claim.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!!
Emma T Mendoza

cyjeff

I will assume you meant 10/29/2008.

If this has already had it's day in court and you lost, there isn't a whole lot more to do.

racer72

No auto manufacturer guarantees the operation of the Supplemental Restraint System in all accident situations. Even if you considered a lawsuit, the fault for the accident and subsequent injuries are going point at the negligent party, your son.

cyjeff

I agree.

No auto manufacturer says that their vehicle will provide absolute protection to the driver when he/she falls asleep at the wheel while the car is in motion.

ecmst12

He probably wasn't going fast enough to trigger the airbags, or it wasn't a dead-on frontal impact. Why would you think that anything could be claimed without an inspection of the vehicle to determine WHY they didn't go off???

Maybe you could seek help fr media . At least i think ford dosent want to become notorious as a worldwide famous automaker

The media can be a good option, but in this case may not be the best option. "my kid fell asleep driving and..." You start out the story making the kid look like an idiot for even being behind the wheel of a car. Additionally Ford at that point may become interested enough to look at accident reports and be able to say that the airbags are not meant to deploy in the type of collision that occured. Who knows?

ecmst12

The media is not going to be interested - the evidence has been destroyed. OP will never be able to find out if the airbags malfunctioned or not.

cyjeff

The kid fell asleep at 3:00 behind the wheel.

I am pretty sure that the Eyewitness News team won't find that compelling.

Sorry, i neglected this part that her son fall asleep driving on his way backk from school ,meanwhile we can corroborate the airbag was also falling asleep so that the airbagmaker and ford have no responbility to indemnify him.but this accident is still funny and merits to be reported , thus he could get some money from media in recompense for injures . The title would be " airbag falling asleep"

HomeGuru

Sorry, i neglected this part that her son fall asleep driving on his way backk from school ,meanwhile we can corroborate the airbag was also falling asleep so that the airbagmaker and ford have no responbility to indemnify him.but this accident is still funny and merits to be reported , thus he could get some money from media in recompense for injures . The title would be " airbag falling asleep"
**A: I once had a case where the old loud mouth lady client fell asleep in court.
The bailiff said the windbag falling asleep.

Proserpina

Never had a bruce all over my body...thank goodness. Had a Wayne once.
OK normally it's not a good idea to answer a post a few weeks old but dude...thank you!!!!

I had a crappy day today and you just made me laugh so hard my toddler ran over and said "Momma you ok?!?!??!"

:)

(and also I have never experienced a bruce. Nor a Wayne actually but that's beside the point ;) )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">