• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fractured Titanium Screw L5-S1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marilynk1122

I had my back surgery, fusion L5-S1, in 2003. And I found out in June one of the titanium screws at L5 is fractured. My orthopedic surgeon has moved from AZ to UT, and I left a voicemail because I wanted to know what kind of risk I'm at. He never returned my phone call. I'm in pain 24/7 and the thought of a surgery to correct it frightens me. Im not even sure whay kind of exercise is okay at this point. What are the ramifications, besides pain, if I dont have surgery? And how the heck does a titanium screw fracture?

ecmst12

That is a medical question, not a legal question. You need to find a good surgeon who is currently practicing in your area. Screws break sometimes. Nothing lasts forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">