• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Implanon birth control

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bmwilki0648

Could I sue the makers of this birth control? Since having it removed I have had many health/fertility issues due to this medication which were not on the list of side effects.

quincy

Could I sue the makers of this birth control? Since having it removed I have had many health/fertility issues due to this medication which were not on the list of side effects.
What is the name of your state, bmwiki0648?

There have been and continue to be lawsuits filed against Merck & Company, and against Organon International over Implanon. If you are experiencing problems as a result of your use of Implanon, you would be smart to consult with an attorney in your area.

Last edited:

quincy

I live in missouri. What kind of lawyer should I consult with? Medical or defective product?
A lawyer who specializes in personal injury claims involving defective products - preferably one who has successfully handled cases involving defective medical devices.

This is not a medical malpractice case (necessarily) unless the doctors failed to advise properly of the KNOWN risks (not all risks were known when Implanon was first marketed) or the device was implanted contrary to manufacturer directions (even if manufacturer directions were faulty).

bmwilki0648

A lawyer who specializes in personal injury claims involving defective products - preferably one who has successfully handled cases involving defective medical devices.

This is not a medical malpractice case (necessarily) unless the doctors failed to advise properly of the KNOWN risks (not all risks were known when Implanon was first marketed) or the device was implanted contrary to manufacturer directions (even if manufacturer directions were faulty).

Thank you so much for your help. I greatly appreciate it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">