• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This isn't what I paid for.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Coolbreeze9

I bought some tea from a gas station. I put it in my cooler, then the refrigerator. Two weeks later my wife decided she wanted one. What my wife swallowed wasn't tea. What can we do?

quincy

I bought some tea from a gas station. I put it in my cooler, then the refrigerator. Two weeks later my wife decided she wanted one. What my wife swallowed wasn't tea. What can we do?
What was it your wife swallowed, if it wasn't tea?

Was your wife hospitalized after consuming the drink?

If the "tea" was not a substance that was dangerous to consume (mislabeled as tea), and if your wife suffered no ill effects from drinking it, the most you can expect is a refund.

quincy

It was pure leaf tea. And it was urine.
Ah. No wonder it didn't taste like tea. Did you have the liquid tested? Do you have a copy of the test results?

Was the tea sold in a bottle?

Is it possible that someone you know got into your cooler, drank the tea, and then peed in the container?

I think because of the two-week delay in time between the purchase of the tea at the gas station and the consumption of the urine by your wife, you would be hard pressed to prove the gas station holds responsibility. And a few gulps of urine is not likely to cause illness.

Without clear indication that the urine originated at the gas station or with the tea manufacturer, and with no damages, I do not see that you have much for a lawsuit.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">