• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repeated failed repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Subexistence

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I'm in MD

I got a laptop for school around 3/4 of a year ago. A few weeks later, it was broken and difficult to type with so I used warranty benefit. I've sent it in for repairs 6 times already. The first four times the repair was didn't work. Then next two times, they got so desperate they broke it even more and made it unusable. The 6th time, my laptop couldn't even turn on. What made the whole thing more insulting was the fact that each time a paper would come in with the laptop stating that the laptop was tested to full functionality. I'm not sure how that's true if I couldn't even turn it on when I got it back the 6th time. Repeated attempts asking for compensation have been responded to with "please send it back, we promise it will be fixed."

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I'm in MD

I got a laptop for school around 3/4 of a year ago. A few weeks later, it was broken and difficult to type with so I used warranty benefit. I've sent it in for repairs 6 times already. The first four times the repair was didn't work. Then next two times, they got so desperate they broke it even more and made it unusable. The 6th time, my laptop couldn't even turn on. What made the whole thing more insulting was the fact that each time a paper would come in with the laptop stating that the laptop was tested to full functionality. I'm not sure how that's true if I couldn't even turn it on when I got it back the 6th time. Repeated attempts asking for compensation have been responded to with "please send it back, we promise it will be fixed."
Demand a refund. Six attempts at repair are too many.

Subexistence

Demand a refund. Six attempts at repair are too many.
I've done that, but every time I ask for a refund, they reject and instead offer to 'repair'. By this point I'm not only interested in suing for not being able to fix the laptop, I want compensation for them breaking the my laptop completely in the 5 and 6th attempt. I also wasted lots of time calling CSR and used up lots of gas shipping to fed-ex.

quincy

I've done that, but every time I ask for a refund, they reject and instead offer to 'repair'. By this point I'm not only interested in suing for not being able to fix the laptop, I want compensation for them breaking the my laptop completely in the 5 and 6th attempt. I also wasted lots of time calling CSR and used up lots of gas shipping to fed-ex.
How much did you pay for your laptop?

If you are thinking of a small claims action, Maryland has help available through their court system. Here is a link: http://www.mdcourts.gov/selfhelp/

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">