• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto repo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ctsardi1

My son's car was repossessed last night. I get that the bank owns it and has to right to have it towed, however it was towed from inside our garage (the door was open). Is that breaking an entering?

Just Blue

My son's car was repossessed last night. I get that the bank owns it and has to right to have it towed, however it was towed from inside our garage (the door was open). Is that breaking an entering?
What US State is your son in? Is there a very good reason he can't post for himself?

quincy

If the car could be accessed without opening a closed gate or closed garage, it is not breaking and entering.

Ctsardi1

Well it's my house and I wasn't home at the time. He told me what happened and I thought I would investigate. It is in Nevada

quincy

Well it's my house and I wasn't home at the time. He told me what happened and I thought I would investigate. It is in Nevada
Thank you for providing the name of your state.

Again, it would not be breaking and entering if the vehicle was left where it could be hooked up to a tow truck without the repo man having to open gates or garage doors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">