+ Reply to Thread

C.A obligated to report first date of delinquency

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Just an update on a ghost debt from Germany. A US based debt collector has finally submitted to Transunion. Looking at the information provided it states the account was "opened" July 28th, 2017. However, the first date of delinquency on the statement provided from the C.A, is September 2013. I am under the assumption that under FCRA, C.A are obligated to report said date of delinquency. I to am under the assumption that the 7 year time period begins not long after said first date of delinquency. Now while reading through, §*623. Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer
    reporting agencies [15 U.S.C. §*1681s-2], it does state that C.A have 90 days to report the delinquency date. I may be getting ahead of myself here this early on, but I would like for some to verify this information for me. What if the C.A does not report the first date of delinquency?

What if the C.A does not report the first date of delinquency?
    Did you read the entire section:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/t...681s%E2%80%932

You get to dispute the item with the C.A. and the credit reporting agency by providing evidence of the correct delinquency date.

Nothing changes if you don't act.

Please keep your questions in your original thread which is located at German Debt sought in USA; SOL Expired

+ Reply to Thread