• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car garage rent bill payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkpharm11

NEW YORK STATE

I live in new york. I rented for garage space with my apartment back in 2014.
However, the management only sent me my apartment rent bills but never sent me the garage bills since the first month I moved in until now.
But a few days ago, on Dec 1, they told me to pay a full $4900 for the garage bill to make up for all the months I have lived here.
I cannot afford full amount and they offered me to monthly payment. If they sent me the garage bills monthly I would have paid each month.
Am I obligated to pay for the full amount of the garage bill when they are the ones who failed to send me the bill every month for all these years?
What actions can I take?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
NEW YORK STATE

I live in new york. I rented for garage space with my apartment back in 2014.
However, the management only sent me my apartment rent bills but never sent me the garage bills since the first month I moved in until now.
But a few days ago, on Dec 1, they told me to pay a full $4900 for the garage bill to make up for all the months I have lived here.
I cannot afford full amount and they offered me to monthly payment. If they sent me the garage bills monthly I would have paid each month.
Am I obligated to pay for the full amount of the garage bill when they are the ones who failed to send me the bill every month for all these years?
What actions can I take?
You knew you had to pay it. Why didn't you just pay it even without a bill? Why didn't you ask them about the bill in 2014?
Take them up on their payment plan offer.

jkpharm11

You knew you had to pay it. Why didn't you just pay it even without a bill? Why didn't you ask them about the bill in 2014?
Take them up on their payment plan offer.
I didn't know where to pay. I recently figured out that garage being run by management office.
The guy who helped me through renting garage told me that I will get bill from other company.

I forgot to ask at first several month. Then I just ignored..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">