• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Date Reported on Credit Report?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carriejo28

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Does the Date Reported for a Collection matter? My husband paid a collection off in the spring of 2004, but it was just reported to the Credit Agency on 9/06? It does state that the account was opened in 9/03, but why was it just reported now and does it matter?

There is also an account which has been paid for almost two years, but states that the account was opened in 3/04, but reported in 3/02 - how does that work? And that same account on a different Report doesn't have a Opened date, but was just reported last month?

Perhaps these errors do not matter, but I wasn't sure.

carriejo28

Should I dispute the fact that these were paid so long ago and just recently reported? Or just the second account where they have it reported before the account was even opened?

Thank you.

TigerD

I would recommend your disputing obvious errors in second account -- either to correct the record or have the trade line removed.

Hopefully, LNR will respond. She should be able to give you better directions on how to dispute the item.

I hope you understand that it isn't something I tell people to do often. :)

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">