• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debtor failed to provide the calculations behind the debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
Hello
I mailed letter to a debt collector, asking them to validate the debt, including The date(s) of all transactions constituting the amount of the alleged debt. What they ended up sending me are the 2 statements by credit card company, which has 1-2 transactions each; not even close to what the debt collector is asking me for.

I have given them 3 months to respond and also called them to remind them, but they have not yet provided detailed explanation on how they came up with the alleged debt amount. Do i have option of taking them to Small Claims Court for FDCPA violation?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
Hello
I mailed letter to a debt collector, asking them to validate the debt, including The date(s) of all transactions constituting the amount of the alleged debt. What they ended up sending me are the 2 statements by credit card company, which has 1-2 transactions each; not even close to what the debt collector is asking me for.

I have given them 3 months to respond and also called them to remind them, but they have not yet provided detailed explanation on how they came up with the alleged debt amount. Do i have option of taking them to Small Claims Court for FDCPA violation?
What violation? They responded with all that is required.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">