• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garnishment paid, bank won't release account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Arghhhhh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

Collection attorney garnished my bank account for an old judgement that I had forgotten about. I went directly to the court and paid the amount in full.

Collection attorney refused to release the garnishment and/or file a satisfaction of judgement until they received the money from the court. Casenet already shows a check issued to them.

I filed a request for satisfaction of judgement and the Judge has now signed off on it.

I faxed a copy of this to the bank (Bank of America). They are telling me that they have to get a release from the Collection Attorney.

What are my options now? The bank doesn't have to honor a signed court document? How long can the Collection attorney drag his feet on this.

I need my accounts released.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">