• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mixed Information Interrogatories Part 2 Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

So I spoke to the community service lawyer today. And he advised me that I should respond to the interrogatories otherwise I could get sanctioned and a civil arrest warrant. I advised him that someone provided me with a copy of the revised statutes for civil procedures in Arizona and it doesn't say that I can get a civil arrest. Well, this lawyer then proceeded to tell me that he didn't know what the actual rules were. He just stated I should respond and comply with all the plaintiff's wishes otherwise it could get bad. He said even if I respond to the interrogatories they could still issue a debtor's exam. He said basically since they have a default judgement there isn't really much I can do even though I never received service of the lawsuit. He apparently specializes in real estate law so not bankruptcy, but he was trying to advise me on bankruptcy.

The other attorney who is actually a bankcruptcy attorney told me I could ignore the interrogatories and not worry about getting a civil arrest warrant. I would listen to him, but it seems there is more of a risk not responding then responding because I'm not employed and have no property anyway. The thing is they waited 4 days before my response is due to tell me this and then the lawyer was like any other questions, very short and rude.

Basically, I'm just going to respond I am unemployed and own no real property, I hope that's good enough. That's literally all the lawyer said to say. He also said they can still try to collect and renew a judgement for 5 years and that it's easy for them to collect way more than 10,000.

This whole process seems outrageous to me. I mean the judge who heard my case didn't even have legal training. Is there anything I'm missing? Any better advice than what this uncaring lawyer gave me? HELP. thanks.
If this post relates to one of your other (numerous) threads, please add these questions to that thread. Thanks.

If you think the attorney you consulted is "uncaring," however, you have the option of firing the uncaring attorney and hiring an attorney who cares.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">