• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prepaid hospital like they ask

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emma137

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I had a surgery on 6/6/2011 Hospital had contacted insurance and told me my part would be 1110.83 and if i paid day of surgery i would recieve a 30% discount. So I paid the 777.83 with my visa card to take advantage of discount.
Insurance ended up paying all but 229. and some change they said they would refund the 535.63 but then they took it without talking to me and transferred to an old account from 2009 they said i hadn't paid different account number. I have proof of all this I have talked to the bussiness office manager she said that is the way they handled refunds on all accounts.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
emma

swalsh411

Do you have a legal question? Of course the hospital is going to transfer any refund to an unpaid balance. You still owe them money.

cosine

Do you have any proof you did not owe on that other account? This is "right of offset" and is quite normal except where law specifically prohibits it (and there's not much of that).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">