• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SOL And Credit Report Removal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StennJ

What is the name of your state?Hello All,
I recently pulled a copy of my credit report. I have a question for all of you. I have a few things on my report that are passed the 7 year mark since there was any payment made and no legal court action has been taken. It is my understanding that the SOL have expired and I was wondering how I go about having the credit reporting agencies remove them from my report. Is there some sort of request I must send them and if so could some direct me to a sample copy of a letter then I can send them. Thank you in advance for your help.

Jeremiah

Ladynred

When EXACTLY did these accounts first go continuously delinquent ??
Negative items stay on your reports for 7 years PLUS 180 days from that first deliquency date. So, if you defaulted in 1997, then they've got a few months to go before they drop off. If you defaulted in 1996 or earlier, before the FCRA was changed in '97, then they would drop off at the 7 year mark.

If they are so close to dropping off, you can try disputing them with the bureaus as 'obsolete', you might get lucky :)

StennJ

Thanks for the help, so basically they will just fall off on there own when it is time or do I need to do something when it hits the 7 years and 180 day mark?

Jeremiah

Ladynred

They *should* fall off on their own, but you should pull your reports anyway and if they are still on there and shoudn't be, dispute them as obsolete.

StennJ

Thanks so much for your help. I have a few more question, however I think I will give you a much deserved rest from my banter.

Jeremiah

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">