• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons in RI, debt in MA, not in US now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ElKat

I lived in MA until 18 months ago. While there, I had a Capital One credit card, which I didn't pay off. I have received a RI district court symmons from Capital One (went to a family members house). I myself am no longer in the country, I now live in the UK. I am not disputing I owe the money, but I have no idea what I should do. I'd like to be able to contact them and basically say sorry! Didn't pay, got no money, can I work something out? Not sure what they want me to do.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I lived in MA until 18 months ago. While there, I had a Capital One credit card, which I didn't pay off. I have received a RI district court symmons from Capital One (went to a family members house). I myself am no longer in the country, I now live in the UK. I am not disputing I owe the money, but I have no idea what I should do. I'd like to be able to contact them and basically say sorry! Didn't pay, got no money, can I work something out? Not sure what they want me to do.
They want you to pay your debt.

It is one thing to owe on your credit card.

It is quite another to not even bother making minimum payments.

If you do not show up at court, there will be a default ruling against you, and it will likely go to collections. This will affect your credit rating in the US for several years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">