• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Third party debt collector

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jess87

I received a call to my job this morning from an attorney for RCS capital inc stating he was about to file a lawsuit in the amount of 3k plus legal fees and the risk of courts taking cars and or property that i do not have. said he would hate to file against someone who wants to take care of their debt and went on to ask me if I had tax refund coming soon that the company would be willing to settle for 2160 and if i made a deposit of 160 he wouldnt file but i would have to schedule a payment of 2k within the next 10 days or so i told him i was busy at wotk and took his information they then email me a letter saying 2nd notice and 3k were due. Ive never received any letters from RCS trying to collect money in the first place and the last email from the original loan was in oct 2017 stating they sold my debt to a different agency but it wasnt rcs this is stressing me out i would love to take care of my debt but i dont have 3k or 2k laying around i dont even make that in a month

quincy

I received a call to my job this morning from an attorney for RCS capital inc stating he was about to file a lawsuit in the amount of 3k plus legal fees and the risk of courts taking cars and or property that i do not have. said he would hate to file against someone who wants to take care of their debt and went on to ask me if I had tax refund coming soon that the company would be willing to settle for 2160 and if i made a deposit of 160 he wouldnt file but i would have to schedule a payment of 2k within the next 10 days or so i told him i was busy at wotk and took his information they then email me a letter saying 2nd notice and 3k were due. Ive never received any letters from RCS trying to collect money in the first place and the last email from the original loan was in oct 2017 stating they sold my debt to a different agency but it wasnt rcs this is stressing me out i would love to take care of my debt but i dont have 3k or 2k laying around i dont even make that in a month
What is the name of your state, Jess87?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">