• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I be concerned & see a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

Good evening,
I'm using my same tablet as usual but my post isn't showing even after I previewed the thread before posting.

I originally had right knee replacement in Philly, October, 2010.
Early 2016, I had pain & x-ray showed the hardware loosened.
October 23, 2017 I had revision surgery, was discharged, fell, broke my right femur October 28, had a 2nd surgery October 29, 2017
Shortly after Thanksgiving, 2017, I felt severe pain in my thigh, December x-ray showed 1 screw loosened. Surgeon said thigh is healing & will continue healing in spite of loose screw. He put me on bed rest & told me to discontinue physical therapy.
When I saw my surgeon last Tuesday, I was disappointed to still see the loose screw in the x-ray, but I was assured my thigh is still healing well, which we want, we don't want to go back & perform another surgery.
After telling family & friends, it sounds odd to just leave the screw alone, although I don't want a 3rd surgery.
Is this something I should be concerned about & consult an attorney?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

ShyCat

After telling family & friends, it sounds odd to just leave the screw alone, although I don't want a 3rd surgery.
Sounds more like you should get a second medical opinion.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

Good evening,
I'm using my same tablet as usual but my post isn't showing even after I previewed the thread before posting.

I originally had right knee replacement in Philly, October, 2010.
Early 2016, I had pain & x-ray showed the hardware loosened.
October 23, 2017 I had revision surgery, was discharged, fell, broke my right femur October 28, had a 2nd surgery October 29, 2017
Shortly after Thanksgiving, 2017, I felt severe pain in my thigh, December x-ray showed 1 screw loosened. Surgeon said thigh is healing & will continue healing in spite of loose screw. He put me on bed rest & told me to discontinue physical therapy.
When I saw my surgeon last Tuesday, I was disappointed to still see the loose screw in the x-ray, but I was assured my thigh is still healing well, which we want, we don't want to go back & perform another surgery.

Thanks in advance
The "preview post" feature, available for use on some devices, malfunctions when used on this site. The content of a thread-starting post is deleted for some reason rather than being submitted. I am not sure why. Thank you for taking the time to repost.

I agree with ShyCat. Before consulting with an attorney, you should have another doctor examine you and your medical records. This will help you better determine if an attorney would be helpful or necessary.

Good luck.

Thank you all, i just want to resume my routine already. I have no idea when I'll be able to return to work, but I'm happy that I've resumed home physical therapy & the pain has subsided a lot.

What's weird is, I usually have no problem posting, but i posted 3 times, before this last post went through.

quincy

Thank you all, i just want to resume my routine already. I have no idea when I'll be able to return to work, but I'm happy that I've resumed home physical therapy & the pain has subsided a lot.

What's weird is, I usually have no problem posting, but i posted 3 times, before this last post went through.
Posting to this site can be a challenge at times, especially from mobile devices. :)

I still recommend you see another doctor for an examination and opinion. You can then see an attorney if it appears an attorney is necessary.

Good luck.

InsuranceGuy

What Device Was Used?

While I agree with Quincy that you should see another doctor for an examination and opinion, you may also want to check the exact name of the artificial knee that failed and consult with a personal injury attorney.

There have been a meaningful number of defective medical devices -- including knees that were poorly designed or manufactured -- that have failed causing harm to patients.

quincy

While I agree with Quincy that you should see another doctor for an examination and opinion, you may also want to check the exact name of the artificial knee that failed and consult with a personal injury attorney.

There have been a meaningful number of defective medical devices -- including knees that were poorly designed or manufactured -- that have failed causing harm to patients.
Good advice.

I think better perhaps than a personal injury attorney, though, would be a products liability attorney, if the artificial knee is determined to be a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">