• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AZ - Motion to extend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lorrie

Hi need help. My divorce has been in court since 99. In august, i filed papers were me and the x agreed to everything, the court rejected the paperwork, because we failed to agree on CS. So I notified the courts to go to trial. I had been waiting for a court date since last august, everytime I called to follow up on my case no date was issued.

I just found out last week, that my case is listed "inactive" I talked to the courts and said I had been awaiting court date, needless to say, they said when the papers were rejected it was oging to be listed as inactive in 30 days. I asked them why was I never notified in writing that it was listed "inactive" she said the original rejection papers would have stated that (I just reveiewed those again, and it doesn't state that) and that I needed to file a motion to extend the inactivity date, while we awaited a trial date. Problem is, the courts never told me i needed to file this document to extend. My question is can I still now file that motion? I want to be divorced, and no way can I afford to start from square one again.

I am meeting with a lawyer today, to go over everything, however, I think I will just hire the lawyer. BUT anything anybody can help me to understand would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">