• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I file for Change in Circumstance in a legal separation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karenekaren

Still, at that salary level he can afford his own insurance. He doesn't need your insurance or employer sponsored insurance either. He can afford to pay for private insurance.
I agree - They CAN afford their own insurance - but is there a legal standing for this? How would I go about doing this?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Fabulous question for your attorney. And do ignore most of what LDIJ says. Her track record is becoming abysmal with how wrong she is and she refuses to admit when she is wrong. She is extremely biased towards mothers and her advice can be dangerous. So I am cautioning you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Still, at that salary level he can afford his own insurance. He doesn't need your insurance or employer sponsored insurance either. He can afford to pay for private insurance.
I think we should respect OP's pronoun usage.

I agree - They CAN afford their own insurance - but is there a legal standing for this? How would I go about doing this?
You have a separation agreement, not a final divorce decree.

Many things are mutable, as circumstances change. I am assuming that the original intent was to make sure that your spouse continued to have coverage and would not suffer hardship as a result of the separation. It seems that your spouse has landed on his/her feet and is thriving without you, and might be able to afford coverage on their own. So bring this up with your lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">