• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Concerned Wife and Mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shining3

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Hi.... I have been married for 18 yrs. About a month ago I went and slept with another man....husband found out and forgave me. About a week after that I was having a talk with out 14 yr old daughter...she told me that when she was 12 he molested her. I was devesated to say the least. When he got home from work I confronted him and he said yes he had and that he had been asking God to forgive him for what he had done. I asked him to leave the house as I could not stand to look at him. :(
We have been talking and he asked me why I did what I did and andI told him it was because he had changed and left me emotionally and physically. I asked him why he did what he did and he said he could not say as he did not know. He has been paying the house payment since he left but he told me that if I did not let him come home he would stop paying it. If I take him to court they could aresst him on child molestion charges and our daughter does not want that..as she says he needs to work so she has a place to live. I don't want him back here she is scared to death that he will try something ..even though he has not touched her in 2 yrs. But i can't pay all the bills myself. I guess what my question is if I let him come back and live in a seperate bedroom from myself (as we would be house sharing) can he tell me in a week that he wants a divorce and get me for adultery and if we go to court and tell the judge that he touched his daughter will they laugh at me and ask why did you let him come back if you was so concerned?

kat1963

Adultry isn't going to happen since he forgave you it's called condonation. Now, shall we talk about being arrested for *FAILURE TO PROTECT* or would you just like to get a JOB, press charges & let the law deal with the man for what he did to your daughter.
KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">