• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dead or Alive?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

otrabrit

What is the name of your state? MISSOURI

I wish to divorce my husband who walked out on me 4 years ago and whom I have had no contact with in any shape or form for 2 years. I do not know where he lives or works.

He had a serious heart condition at that time and I believe he MAY be dead. If that was the case I would not need to start divorce proceedings of course.

Is there any way other than to pay a private investigator to find out if he is still alive??

I know his name, place of birth, date of birth and Social Security # and can of course provide any Government agency with proof of my own bona fides.

Thank You

LdiJ

otrabrit said:
What is the name of your state? MISSOURI

I wish to divorce my husband who walked out on me 4 years ago and whom I have had no contact with in any shape or form for 2 years. I do not know where he lives or works.

He had a serious heart condition at that time and I believe he MAY be dead. If that was the case I would not need to start divorce proceedings of course.

Is there any way other than to pay a private investigator to find out if he is still alive??

I know his name, place of birth, date of birth and Social Security # and can of course provide any Government agency with proof of my own bona fides.

Thank You
Check out this link:
http://www-socialsecurityonline.com/yindex.html?kw=social_security_death_index

BelizeBreeze

Only one problem with that Ldji.....

There are thousands of cases each year where the SSN of a dead person is still active. Only by checking the vital Statistics office in Jefferson city will the poster know for sure if a death certificate has been issued.

But then, only if ex died in Missouri.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">