• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorced ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KevinMac

Married to Two people ? and more

I met a Italian women a native of Rome Italy who was married to another Italian from Italy. We got married and lived in New York afterwards I found that in order for us to get married and her to get a green card she went to the Dominican Republic to get a divorce because she could not get one in Rome it would take seven years or so .
Now we are divorced because among other things I found her staying with her Ex when she would go to visit her family in italy twice a year.
while she filed papers with the immigration service saying that she was divorced I believe that she was never divorced in Italy that Italy does not recognize the Dominican Republic divorce.

1. Does Italy recognize a Dominican divorce ?
2. If it does not how does that effect my New York marrage ?
3. How does this effect her green card ?
4. What if any are the liabilities

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">