• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barbaraf2

What is the name of your state, CA

My fiancé and I have been together for five years (engaged for 2), living together for four of those years. 2 years ago he asked me to refinance my condo so I could take out $50k to help pay off his dept as well as make upgrades to his home. Of late our relationship has been rocky and we have been arguing a lot. When we argue he tells me that I have to move out of "his house". When I ask about the $50k he owes me his response is that he can't pay me back right now, but that I still need to move out.

So my question is, do I have any rights under the law even though we are not married yet. Can he kick me out if he so chooses without a plan on paying me back? We have never formally registered as domestic partnership, but we have been on the same health insurance for 4 years. Does that make a difference?

I look forward to your reply.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state, CA

My fiancé and I have been together for five years (engaged for 2), living together for four of those years. 2 years ago he asked me to refinance my condo so I could take out $50k to help pay off his dept as well as make upgrades to his home. Of late our relationship has been rocky and we have been arguing a lot. When we argue he tells me that I have to move out of "his house". When I ask about the $50k he owes me his response is that he can't pay me back right now, but that I still need to move out.

So my question is, do I have any rights under the law even though we are not married yet. Can he kick me out if he so chooses without a plan on paying me back? We have never formally registered as domestic partnership, but we have been on the same health insurance for 4 years. Does that make a difference?

I look forward to your reply.
The bolded above was an incredibly foolish thing to do. Get a consult with a local attrorney...you NEED one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">